Product Development Manager
- Business Support Departments
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
Product Development Manager
The Product Development Manager is a senior strategic leader with responsibility for Elephant’s product management including IT systems development, data vendor integrations and regulatory compliance. Manage a team of 20+ product professionals, including business analysts and project managers, who lead enterprise wide product, billing, claims, underwriting and process improvement initiatives. This is a high impact position that offers an outstanding opportunity at Elephant Insurance Services, LLC.
- Provide input into business product strategy including new auto insurance benefits/features and ancillary product ideas/concepts.
- Lead research and analysis of new product ideas including competitive positioning and data vendor integrations. Evaluate the cost/benefit of market opportunities and new initiatives.
- Complete detailed business requirements and project manage new product implementations following a disciplined, systematic process.
- Work with Pricing, Compliance, IT, Operations, and other support departments in determining business requirements and to reduce system defects.
- Responsible for auto insurance state filing process with the departments of insurance through SERFF. Maintain positive relationships with the departments of insurance to influence timeliness of product approvals.
- Update and maintain policy rating engine. Maintain the product filings database, rate/rule manuals, underwriting manuals, vehicle manuals, etc. and communicate changes as needed to business stakeholders. Maintain current product information and training materials.
- Responsible for testing all system and/or business process changes including rating.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Auto insurance industry experience required.
- Experience with Excel and Word required.
- Experience with SQL Server, MS Access or other relational databases preferred.
- Proven skills in data management and data extraction working with large data sets preferred.
- Must have an aptitude for critical thinking and problem resolution and outstanding communication skills.
- Experience with Ratabase, auto insurance rating, and systems testing a plus.
- Must have strong people management and influencing skills.
We are a direct to consumer automobile insurance company, based in Richmond, VA. We believe people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and friendly company culture. We encourage a climate of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and profitable growth.
Elephant Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of Admiral Group, PLC. Admiral Group is the largest auto insurer in the UK with subsidiaries in France, Italy, and Spain.
- Closing Date