Senior System Engineer Lead
- Business Support Departments
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
The candidate will work as lead engineer on a team that provides day-to-day server, computer, storage and other data center technologies support. The employee will also participate in infrastructure projects, improvement of service and movement to Cloud (preferably Azure) technologies, etc. Candidate will be expected to identify requirements and service improvement opportunities that range from configuration to design and incorporate them into provisioning Elephant infrastructure. Candidate must be able to work well with others, perform in a team-oriented environment and manage work products to a set schedule. Will also be expected to work at the direction of management, both operational and project, supporting projects as directed. The position will manage a team of 3 to 4 engineers who share the same responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
- Manage installation, configuration, setup, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and decommissioning of servers and associated equipment and hardware in a VMware environment.
- Manager system backups and restoration of systems as required in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform high level customer service and desktop support to include service desk tickets, telephone requests, and walk-in support requests. Knowledge of Dell Kace a plus.
- Provide the necessary expertise in VMware and SAN storage to ensure all system nodes and supporting network are maintained in an operational state.
- Perform Active Directory administration including account creation/deletion, rights assignment, troubleshooting of accounts, design, and migration and scripting when applicable.
- Provide leadership in Azure, Office365 and other Cloud implementation from Architecture to vendor management to design of operational procedures.
- Perform storage administration in Dell Compellent and Kaminario storage area networks.
- Provide technical expertise to project tasks and delivery
- Provide status updates and reports as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Four (4) plus years managing technical staff
- Three (3) plus years working in Azure or Aws Cloud services
- Five (5) or more years of experience in managing VMware clusters
- Five (4) or more years of experience in managing Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of the following technologies is required: VMware ESXi 5.x, 6.x and 6.5x, Windows (Windows Enterprise 7, Server 2008/2012, 2016), Linux (Redhat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS), Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, AD Group Policy Management, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), PowerShell, iSCSI and Fiber Channel, and a high proficiency with TCP/IP protocol.
- Useful knowledge, Palo Alto firewalls, networking: switch, router, phone, etc.
- Proven excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Proven excellent customer relationship skills
- Proven team leadership skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Positive attitude
- Organizes, communicates and delivers on work
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment with conflicting and changing demands
- Closing Date