Injury Specialist - TX
- Role Type
- Dallas TX
- Base on Experience
- Job Advert Description
We are currently recruiting for an Injury Specialist to coordinate the resolution of automobile claims including physical damage, bodily injury, and liability issues.
- Handles new losses via in-bound and out-bound calls; acts as the file owner.
- Takes recorded statements from policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, police officers, passengers and other parties as needed.
- Understands and applies differences in claims handling based on the venue.
- Completes investigative research to verify coverage, makes coverage decisions, and resolves complex coverage issues.
- Makes recommendations on claims with potential grounds for coverage denial.
- Interprets policy and State laws in order to make accurate liability and coverage decisions.
- Communicates decisions regarding coverage, liability, and damages to customers.
- Monitors claims and takes appropriate action for the repair option selected by the customer.
- Ensures that all damages are consistent with the report of the accident.
- Evaluates third-party injury claims.
- Negotiates injury settlements with both attorney represented claimants and unrepresented claimants.
- Attend mediations or arbitrations where required.
- Evaluates claims for subrogation potential.
- College Degree
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and organize with limited supervision
- Able to manage conflict and communicate difficult messages
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Minimum 6 months of Elephant Level 3 Claims handling experience or equivalent
- Experience evaluating injury claims of varying complexity (subjective and objective injuries)
- Thorough understanding of the Personal Auto Policy
- Computer skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Elephant Insurance Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies please.
- Closing Date