System Engineer - Tier 1
- Business Support Departments
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
About our System Engineer – Tier 1:
The successful candidate will work in on engineering team to provide day to day server, compute and storage support. The employee will also participate on infrastructure projects, improvement of service and moving to Cloud technologies, etc. The system engineer will be expected to identify requirements and opportunities that range from configuration to design and incorporate them into the provisioning Elephant infrastructure. The successful candidate must be able to work well with others, perform in a team-oriented environment and manage work products to a schedule. The employee will also be expected to work at the direction of management, both operational and project, supporting projects as directed.
- Manage installation, configuration, setup, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and decommissioning of servers and associated equipment and hardware in a VMware environment.
- Perform system backups and restoration of systems as required in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform high level customer service and desktop support to include service desk tickets, telephone requests, and walk-in support requests. Knowledge of Dell Kace a plus.
- Provide the necessary expertise in VMware and SAN storage to ensure all system nodes and supporting network are maintained in an operational state.
- Scripting and automating repetitive manual tasks for VMware, Windows and Dell Compellent.
- Perform Active Directory administration including account creation/deletion, rights assignment, troubleshooting of accounts, design, and migration and scripting when applicable.
- Perform storage administration in Dell Compellent and Kaminario storage area networks.
- Provide technical expertise to project tasks and delivery
- Provide status updates and reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline or 6 years applicable experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in managing VMware clusters
- Three (3) or more years of experience in managing Microsoft Windows
- One (1) or more years administering Azure and/or Office365 services
- Knowledge of the following technologies is required: VMware ESXi 5.x, 6.x and 6.5x, Windows (Windows Enterprise 7, Windows Enterprise 10, Server 2008/2012, 2016), Linux (Redhat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS), Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, AD Group Policy Management, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), PowerShell, iSCSI and Fiber Channel, and a high proficiency with TCP/IP protocol.
- Proven excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Proven excellent customer relationship skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- VCP Certification preferred.
- Certification in cloud technology (AWS, Azure) would be a plus.
- Positive attitude
- Organize, communicate and deliver on work
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment with conflicting and changing demands
Elephant Insurance Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Closing Date