- Business Support Departments
- Business Analytics
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Paid Internship
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
About our Summer MIS Internship:
Are you ready to put your degree to work? Are you excited to drive change? Are you looking to work in a data driven environment? Elephant is looking for an MIS Intern for a summer program with our growing business.
- Develop import processes for external data
- Provide QA support to existing development efforts
- Database utilization reporting
- Process standardization
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Coursework towards bachelor’s degree
- Ability to sit at a desk for the duration of an 8 – 10 hour shift
- Ability to look at a computer screen for the duration of an 8 – 10 hour shift
- Manual dexterity to type on a standard keyboard for the duration of an 8 – 10 hour shift
- High level of attention to detail and quality output
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Analytical background with strong technical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong overall technical skills
- SQL experience
- Hadoop/MapReduce experience
Elephant Insurance Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Closing Date