Pricing Associate - Data Science Track
- Business Support Departments
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
About our Pricing Associate – Data Science Track:
Elephant is currently seeking a Pricing Associate in our Glen Allen, Virginia corporate office. The Pricing & Analytics Department is a highly visible team with a meaningful impact on the growth and profitability of the company. As a Pricing Associate, you will be responsible for creating and updating monthly reports, implementing and testing pricing techniques, developing analytical/predictive models, and producing proposals for senior management. This position requires an individual to manage multiple assignments concurrently and demonstrate the ability to work independently. A successful candidate would excel at analytical thinking and be comfortable communicating technical results to senior management and non-technical colleagues.
Associates have the opportunity to continue specialization in a preferred track: Pricing, Actuarial Science, or Data Science. The Data Science track is focused on understanding and leveraging data across the business to develop predictive models and deliver insight. Initial placement on database team to learn data flows and organization throughout the business is common.
- Produce pricing proposals for senior management, including implementation and testing of new pricing factors, and assist with actuarial justification to state regulators.
- Create and update monthly reporting, scheduled data analysis.
- Develop pricing and analytical capabilities that drive better outcomes for both Elephant and our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related business or quantitative discipline.
- 0-2 Years of Experience
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (R/Python) and data manipulation libraries.
- Understanding of databases and SQL a plus.
- Strong Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Elephant Insurance Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Closing Date