Senior Systems Engineer
- Business Support Departments
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
- Work on the engineering team of our Information Technology Department to provide daily server, computer, and storage support; participate on infrastructure projects, improvement of service and moving to Cloud technologies, etc;
- Identify requirements and opportunities that range from configuration to design and incorporate them into the provisioning Elephant infrastructure; manage installation, configuration, setup, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and decommissioning of servers and associated equipment and hardware in a vmware environment
- Perform system backups and restoration of systems as required in accordance with company policies and procedures; perform high level customer service and desktop support to include service desk tickets, telephone requests, and walk-in support requests; knowledge of Dell Kace a plus; provide the necessary expertise in vmware and SAN storage to ensure all system nodes and supporting network are maintained in an operational state
- Perform Active Directory administration including account creation/deletion, rights assignment, troubleshooting of accounts, design, and migration and scripting when applicable
- Perform storage administration in Dell Compellent and Kaminario storage area networks; provide technical expertise to project tasks and delivery; provide status updates and reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or a closely-related IT field
- Two years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Systems Administrator or any combination thereof with two years' concurrent experience with vCenter 6.0, vRealize Operations Manager, Dell Storage Manager, VMware Power CLI, Windows PowerShell, VMware Site Recovery Manager, and Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016.
- Located in Henrico, VA
- Closing Date