- Business Support Departments
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Elephant has a need for an experienced .Net Developer to join our growing organization. This person will manage the automation of business process, infrastructure, code, and cloud technology. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Azure to test and deploy
- Perform code reviews, configuration management, and asset management
- Formally test all automation code and implementation designs
- Work with Development Teams to build, maintain, and provide requirements for Unit Testing / Code Coverage
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure and code provisioning
- Manage code deployments in all environments
- Apply latest Security Standards across environments
- Monitor, alert, generate metrics, interrogate logs, and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery
- Consult with peers for feedback regarding automated functions
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
- SKILLS: AWS or AZURE, ARM Templates, WhiteSource, SonarQube, Jenkins, GitHub, Jfrog, Docker
- 3+ years of experience overseeing small to large and complex integrations
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Two years previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
- Experience with Windows, Linux, SQL Server, CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitHub, JFrog)
- Experience with scripting tools (Python, Visual Studio, .NET, Powershell, Bash, JSON, CLI)
- Experience with Unit Test tools (Junit, Nunit, TestNG, etc…)
- Scrum/Kanban/Agile workflow methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Be able to sit at a desk for a full workday
- Have manual dexterity to type on a computer
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis
- Team Play. We win together.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date.
- Closing Date