Sr. Web Developer
- Business Support Departments
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
About our Sr. Web Developer:
We are looking for a Senior Web Developer who is responsible for managing the interchange of data between our servers and our users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements into the application.
- Integration of user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage and retrieval solutions
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ability to sit at a desk for 8-hour workdays with break time provided
- Manual dexterity to type on a computer
- 7+ years of experience developing and maintaining web applications
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming languages (.NET, Golang)
- Good understanding of JSON, XML, XSD, XSL
- Experience developing and maintaining RESTful Web Services and SOAP
- Experience with user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience with input/output of data in different formats via data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Experience in using GIT preferred
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery and build tools such as Jenkins preferred
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies with large and complex projects
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis
- Team Play. We win together.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date.
- Closing Date