- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
About our Injury Specialist:
We are currently recruiting for an Injury Specialist to coordinate the resolution of automobile claims including physical damage, bodily injury, and liability issues.
- Handles new losses via in-bound and out-bound calls; acts as the file owner.
- Takes recorded statements from policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, police officers, passengers and other parties as needed.
- Understands and applies differences in claims handling based on the venue.
- Completes investigative research to verify coverage, makes coverage decisions, and resolves complex coverage issues.
- Makes recommendations on claims with potential grounds for coverage denial.
- Interprets policy and State laws in order to make accurate liability and coverage decisions.
- Communicates decisions regarding coverage, liability, and damages to customers.
- Monitors claims and takes appropriate action for the repair option selected by the customer.
- Ensures that all damages are consistent with the report of the accident.
- Evaluates third-party injury claims.
- Negotiates injury settlements with both attorney represented claimants and unrepresented claimants.
- Attend mediations or arbitrations where required.
- Evaluates claims for subrogation potential.
Minimum 1 year of prior injury handling experience to include claims of varying complexity/severity involving both unrepresented and attorney represented claimants.
- Thorough understanding of the Personal Auto Policy
- Computer skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- College Degree
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and organize with limited supervision
- Able to manage conflict and communicate difficult messages
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
Elephant Insurance Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Closing Date