- Business Support Departments
- Legal and Compliance
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
About Our Compliance Manager:
Insurance is a highly regulated industry, and our Compliance Manager is at the center of it all – leading a team who is tasked with helping the company navigate through a complex web of local, state, and federal laws. You’ll be part of Elephant Law & Compliance department, which is a dynamic team that services a wide variety of legal, compliance and regulatory needs the company.
We are looking for someone with a customer-centric attitude as well as technical skills that is prepared to bring their voice and ambition to support the team and help our business succeed.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations for a team of compliance professionals in their roles in monitoring state and federal regulatory changes which impact the property and insurance industry and performing compliance related research.
- Regulatory Implementation- Manage a regulatory database by state for all products. Track regulatory information from trade associations, DOI websites, industry communications, etc. and incorporate required changes into forms or processes as appropriate. Serve as the conduit between the business units and the Law & Compliance department
- Serve as a resource to Elephant’s product and pricing departments in providing regulatory insight when they are preparing a filing and will also help facilitate approvals through timely responses to filing objections.
- Work closely with in-house counsel to set direction for group
- Building strong relationships with regulators and assisting with responding to market conduct examinations and internal audits.
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of assigned associates
- At least 5 years’ experience in regulatory compliance or similar role, preferably in a P&C Insurance Company
- Bachelor’s degree Demonstrates advanced knowledge of insurance laws and regulations and current trends in ensuring product and operational compliance
- Knowledge of state insurance rules and regulations
- Experience working with regulators
- Detail-oriented, highly analytical and organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with flexibility to adapt to changing business needs
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Advanced degree, such as J.D., preferred
- Prior management experience preferred
- Personal Auto experience desired
- Experience with regulatory resources such as PCI, WoltersKluwer, etc.
- CPCU or other similar industry designation
- Ability to work on a computer for a full workday
- Ability to type on a keyboard
- Ability to sit at a desk for a full workday
Elephant Insurance Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Date: January 2019
- Closing Date