- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
Elephant Auto Insurance is a direct to consumer auto insurance company. We are currently recruiting for one Special Investigations Claims (SIU) Associate. The successful candidate will provide oversight and direction on automobile claims involving potential fraudulent activities, as well as coverage and liability issues. This person will adjust and resolve automobile Fire and Theft claims. The successful applicant should be available to begin work in Specialized Claims within two (2) weeks of accepting an offer of employment.
- Review SIU referrals and conduct timely and effective desktop investigations in compliance with legal and industry standards.
- Handle Fire and Theft losses with precision and exemplary customer service,
- Take recorded statements from policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, police officers, passengers and other parties as needed.
- Complete investigative research to resolve coverage and liability issues.
- Interpret policy and state laws to make accurate claim decisions.
- Make recommendations on claims with potential grounds for coverage denial.
- Communicate decisions regarding coverage, liability, and damages to customers.
- Assist in determining appropriate action plans to investigate potential insurance fraud.
- Complete record keeping and reporting on SIU referrals to include reasons for referrals, investigative expenses, and final disposition of cases reviewed.
- Help develop and review reports to proactively identify potential insurance fraud.
- Conduct training sessions for Claims, Sales, and Customer Service Associates.
- Report all suspected insurance fraud cases to the appropriate authorities.
- Network with law enforcement and other SIU associates within the insurance industry.
- Direct external SIU vendor efforts, to include attorneys and experts related to Elephant claims.
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Computer skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and organize with limited supervision
- Able to manage conflict and communicate difficult messages
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- College Degree preferred
- Two (2) to four (4) years of directly related experience preferred
- Closing Date