Work from Home Injury Specialist
- Role Type
- Dallas TX
- Based on Experience
- Job Advert Description
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
- Competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance at little cost to employees
- Stock grants and stock dividends for all employees, up to $5,000 per year
- Competitive 401k Package
- 22+ days of Paid Time Off each year
- Parental Leave Policy for new parents
About Our Work from Home Injury Specialist:
We are currently recruiting for an Injury Specialist to coordinate the resolution of automobile claims including physical damage, bodily injury, and liability issues. Best of all you can do this from the comfort of your own home!
- Handles new losses via in-bound and out-bound calls; acts as the file owner.
- Takes recorded statements from policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, police officers, passengers and other parties as needed.
- Understands and applies differences in claims handling based on the venue.
- Completes investigative research to verify coverage, makes coverage decisions, and resolves complex coverage issues.
- Makes recommendations on claims with potential grounds for coverage denial.
- Interprets policy and State laws in order to make accurate liability and coverage decisions.
- Communicates decisions regarding coverage, liability, and damages to customers.
- Monitors claims and takes appropriate action for the repair option selected by the customer.
- Ensures that all damages are consistent with the report of the accident.
- Evaluates third-party injury claims.
- Negotiates injury settlements with both attorney represented claimants and unrepresented claimants.
- Attend mediations or arbitrations where required.
- Evaluates claims for subrogation potential.
- College Degree
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and organize with limited supervision
- Able to manage conflict and communicate difficult messages
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Minimum 6 months of Elephant Level 3 Claims handling experience or equivalent
- Experience evaluating injury claims of varying complexity (subjective and objective injuries)
- Thorough understanding of the Personal Auto Policy
- Computer skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel monthly to team meetings and training in the Dallas area
Work from Home Requirements:
- Existing internet access at home
- Separate dedicated workspace, preferably with a door to avoid distractions
- If necessary, you will be responsible for arranging childcare services to ensure your working environment is undisturbed, allowing for complete focused attention to detail during working hours
This role will be a work from home position in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Elephant Insurance Service LLC is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies please.
- Closing Date