- Business Support Departments
- Role Type
- Richmond VA (Glen Allen Headquarters)
- Based on experience
- Job Advert Description
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
About our Pricing Analyst:
Elephant Insurance is currently seeking a Pricing Analyst in our Glen Allen, Virginia corporate office. The ideal candidate is a high-achieving, analytical thinker who is comfortable communicating technical results with senior management and non-technical colleagues. This position requires an individual to manage multiple assignments concurrently and demonstrate the ability to complete work with minimal guidance.
Analysts have the opportunity to continue specialization into Pricing, Actuarial Science or Data Science.
- Pricing focuses on furthering a candidate's knowledge and expertise in setting insurance rates for our customers. Pricing analysts have the option of spending up to 1 year in the UK for training and learning from Elephant’s parent company, Admiral Group plc.
- Actuarial Science focuses on furthering a candidate’s development within the field of Actuarial Science. Study hours and exam assistance are provided by Elephant.
- Data Science focuses on understanding and leveraging data across the business to develop predictive models and deliver insight. Initial placement on the database team to learn data flows, architecture and organization throughout the business is common.
Elephant Insurance is a direct-to-consumer insurer headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia. Elephant is a subsidiary of Admiral Group plc, a FTSE 100 company and one of the U.K.’s leading insurers with a presence in eight countries and over 6 million customers worldwide.
Responsibilities could include:
- Producing pricing proposals for senior management including implementation and testing of new pricing factors, assisting with filing and actuarial justification to state regulators.
- Collaborating across departments to understand data, interpret and communicate findings
- Performing ad hoc and recurring analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
- Applying machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to improve business practices
- Managing data architecture and data integrity for department
- Creating and updating management reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related business or quantitative discipline.
- 0-2 Years of Experience
- Computer programming knowledge and experience (SAS, R/Python or other programming language).
- Understanding of databases and SQL a plus.
- Strong Word and Excel skills.
- Demonstrated intent or progress on Actuarial Exams. Ideal candidate for Actuarial Science track has passed one or more Exams (P, FM...).
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Closing Date